The Peter P. Childs Community Room and the Upstairs Meeting Room
The Peter P. Childs Community Room on the first floor of the Collingswood Public Library has a capacity of approximately 75 persons, and the small meeting room on the second floor of the library has a capacity of 8-12, depending its configuration. These rooms are reserved for Library-sponsored programs and for organizations that meet all of the following criteria:
- Groups must be local, and the Library gives priority to groups that are based in Collingswood. The person making the room reservation must have a valid, adult Collingswood Library card, and the card must be in good standing at the time the reservation is made.
- All meetings must be free and open to the public. It is not a suitable venue for ticketed events or for private parties.
- All meetings must be completely non-commercial. It is not suitable for “free information sessions,” support groups, or other, similar meetings offered by people or organizations who sell the kinds of services about which they are offering information or leading groups.
- Reservations are only for groups, not for individuals.
If you would like to reserve the Peter P. Childs Community Room or the upstairs meeting room, or have additional questions, please call Carissa Schanely at (856) 858-0649. If your group does not meet any of the above criteria, you may wish to contact other venues in Collingswood that offer meeting places for public use.
Room Use Policies
- Groups may reserve one of the library’s meeting rooms once per month.
- Groups are expected to be respectful of other groups and library staff. Groups may lose access to the meeting room if they impinge upon library programs or other groups’ meetings by causing a disturbance in or near the meeting room, or if they do not leave promptly at the conclusion of their meeting time.
- Groups are expected to leave the room clean and tidy, and to return all furniture and equipment to its proper place prior to the end of their scheduled meeting time. A vacuum and cleaning materials are available.
- In order to make sure the room is used as often as possible, please notify library staff of all cancellations at least one week in advance.
- Individuals may use the upstairs meeting room when no groups are scheduled. Use is first-come, first-served, and users must exit ten minutes prior to any scheduled event.