Q: Where can I get help with my taxes?
A: You can get tax help through AARP and VITA.
AARP offers free tax help at the Collingswood Library every Friday from 12 pm-4pm starting on Friday, February 7, 2020 and ending Friday, April 10, 2020. Service is first-come, first-served. Sign-up begins at 9:30 am at the circulation desk on Fridays. AARP assistance begins at noon.
AARP and VITA will also being providing tax help at various Camden County Library branches. Please click here for the Camden County Library System tax aid schedule.
Those seeking tax assistance should bring:
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN). including children or spouse
- All W-2 forms
- All 1099 forms (such as 1099G/unemployment forms, or 1099R/pension payments)
- All 1098-T forms/tuition payments, 1098-E forms/total student loan interest paid, as well as receipts for materials and books.
- Total child-care expenses in 2019, and name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN) or SSN of child-care provider(s)
- Total rent paid in 2019
- Any mail from the IRS
- Bank account, and routing numbers for direct deposit
- A copy of a 2018 federal and/or New Jersey tax return (if possible).
Q: Does the library have tax forms?
A:In February the library usually receives literature for the 1040 and 1040SR. Other federal and state tax forms, and instruction books can be accessed online.
Online tax forms are available here
Additional tax forms are available at:
Internal Revenue Service
51 Haddonfield Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Phone Number: 856-321-1328
New Jersey state tax forms can be accessed online here:
To order 2019 NJ state forms and instruction via phone call:
Agents are available from 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Federal tax forms:
can be ordered online or over the phone.
You may order up to 10 different products, and you will receive two copies of each ordered form, and one copy of each ordered publication.
To order forms and instructions call: