AARP Tax Aide will begin operating the week of February 4 and will run through April 15. You must make an appointment for the Same Day Drop Off model. Appointments can be made starting after January 24th.
Click to view AARP Flyer
There are two ways to get help from AARP this year:
(1) You can request help from a volunteer counselor to coach you through the process using your own computer while screen-sharing (“Self-Preparation”),
(2) You can sign-up to interact with an IRS-certified Tax-Aide counselor in person at the library (“Same Day Drop Off”). This is an appointment in two parts: one for consultation and document intake and a follow-up visit (on the same day) to sign your return. For this option, you will need to go to the AARP website to make an appointment. When all appointments are full, a waitlist will be generated. No walk-ins will be allowed. You do NOT need an email address to sign up but appointments must be made online. If you need help signing up for an appointment, our reference staff are able to assist you by phone or in-person at the library.
Tax Help is also available in the Camden area through VITA.
VITA is for:
- Individuals of low- to moderate-income;
- Individuals with disabilities; and
- Non-English speaking taxpayers.
VITA sites also offer assistance in filing for federal and State Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC) for those who qualify for these benefits.
During the tax season, you can find a VITA site near you by calling the IRS at 1-800-906-9887. Site information is also available online by entering your ZIP Code into the IRS Site Locator.
To complete your taxes for free online:
Q: Does the library have tax forms?
A:In February the library usually receives literature for the 1040 and 1040SR. Other federal and state tax forms, and instruction books can be accessed online.
Online tax forms are available here
Additional tax forms are available at:
Internal Revenue Service
51 Haddonfield Rd.
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Phone Number: 856-321-1328
New Jersey state tax forms can be accessed online here:
To order 2021 NJ state forms and instruction via phone call: 1-800-323-4400
Agents are available from 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
Federal tax forms can be ordered online or over the phone.
You may order up to 10 different products, and you will receive two copies of each ordered form, and one copy of each ordered publication.
To order forms and instructions call: 1-800-829-3676