How-to Videos, College Courses, Computer Skills Training, Professional Development, and more!
- DigitalLearn.org – Free classes for those who are new to computers, haven’t used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher. All tutorials now available in Spanish.
- GCF Learn Free – A website that offers over 200 free classes and tutorials including computers, social media and Microsoft programs, from very basic to advanced subjects. Several classes are offered in other languages.
- Mousing Around – A class on how to use a computer mouse from Palm Beach County Library.
- Ratatype – Need to practice typing or want to type faster? This website offers recommendations for typing and a typing speed test.
- Microsoft Digital Literacy Class – A free online course offered by Microsoft that teaches computer basics, how to use the internet, how to use Microsoft Word, and more.
- Learn Job Searching – Online videos from Linkedin about job searches, interviews and creating resumes.
- Code Academy – A website that offers free classes on coding, including HTML, CSS and SQL.
- Excel Easy – A free, fully illustrated Excel tutorial
- Edx.org – A wide variety of free online classes from major universities around the world. Courses include computer science, languages, business/management, data science, humanities and engineering.
- Open Culture – Similar to edx.org with free classes from universities, but most are videos or audio.
- Alison – Offers free classes in everything from health and humanities to marketing and IT. Also has uncredited certificates.
- Khan Academy – Free online courses in math, science and history and economics. Useful for students currently in school or those wanting to learn more.
- M.I.T. OpenCourseWare – Online undergraduate classes offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.